You are not logined. Using English.
Actions: LANGUAGESIGN UPLOGIN
HOMEARTCHIVESYNERGYBOARDSNEWSHELP
SITO: sue: discuss!  
Artist Jon Van Oast
sito.id.uwi
Re: made of circles help: Viewing a discussion message
by Jon Van Oast [uwi SITOme] [email Jon Van Oast] 2006-09-18 18:54:11 [16967]
i was kinda surprised that a photoshop (or illustrator?) filter that did this doesnt exist. maybe it does. i guess the tricky/weird part of it is that it combines both raster (photoshop) and vector (illustrator) functionality.

although, i suppose in photoshop you could do it by making paths out of the shapes, then export those paths as illustrator. the long-term goal was to have an arbitrary vector-based shape (like, say, a vector letter, or a star, etc) that filled the shape in.

it takes a long time to run, otherwise i might make a web page where you could upload images and get the output pdf. (also, you have to manually break up [color separate] the original image, so there is a lot of manual work now. would be nice if i could automate that part, which i could, in theory...)

In reply to:
made of circles
Posting to discussions is currently disabled.
This is likely due to some kind of SITO maintenance or magic voodoo going on behind the scenes. Please wait a bit while we do our thing. If you are not logged in, you might consider logging in as anonymous posting may be disabled.
[full]help: Discussion message list
made of circles 080226
Thanks Jon KAY/070723
made of circles MCT/060925
Re: made of cir.. UWI/060918
made of circles THU/060918
spoons PYR/060422
spoons JIT/050503
14 years go by... 050411
Re: paris UWI/050218
pu-pa 010627
Re: Décéption? GBO/010320
ALL CONTENTS OF SITO.ORG © 2014 SITO.ORG and/or RESPECTIVE ARTIST(S) : aok3
Contact SITO  |  About SITO  |  Make a Donation  |  Site Map  |  RSS Feed  |  Hosting provided by TOONLET