SITO / Discussions / sito.id.yan
Re: Blue nude
by Ed Stastny [oed SITOme] [email Ed Stastny] 2005-07-27 21:35:13 [12815]
I haven't read all your posts, but I've received some emailed concerns about your critique. Personally, I don't think you're being intentionally hateful or malicious, but I understand how your more critical posts can be taken negatively. People don't like to have their (perceived) weaknesses pointed out, especially by a stranger, for many reasons.

In the end, I agree with your sentiment about being able to take criticism. I don't pretend to know what a "true artist" is, but in general, one should be able to accept and integrate critical observations, learn from them even if one doesn't agree with them. Some people won't tolerate the slightest dissent, and that rigidity stunts their growth as individuals (artistic or otherwise).

This applies to critics as well. It's obvious that some of the things you're posting are being taken as hateful, even if you don't mean them that way. Maybe it's an opportunity for you to discover new ways to express your encouragement and criticism. I do hope you continue to post your art and words, because I've seen some insight in both.

In reply to:
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.