SITO / Discussions / sito.offtopic
Re: silly@ilovepizzas.com about riots
by Jon Van Oast [uwi SITOme] [email Jon Van Oast] 2005-11-08 06:19:37 [13522]
"here in france two kids was killed by cops and first minister insult people from suburb so they revolt and burn cars (as usual)"

its indicative of a different kind of political landscape, as far as i am concerned, that you can say ''as usual'' to this. of course, there was *no* rioting when cops hit a man. hell, in my city, cops *kill* minorities *often* and so very little happens (e.g. portland imc - 2004.03.31 - Pervasive Culture of Violence in Portland Police Bureau Leads to Killing <portland.indymedia.org> ).

to me, this is sickness and apathy. i am not condoning, necessarily, what is happening in france (in fact, i dont think hundreds of towns participating is "as usual"; but the fact remains, most of europe is more prone to take to the streets than couch-potato u-s-of-a.) ... all i am saying is what we see is two very different ways of dealing with things.

perhaps, secretly, what i wish is that the u.s. marginalized and abused would learn a little from their european brothers and sisters.

i now end my political rant. heh.

In reply to:
silly@ilovepizzas.com about riots
Replies:
Re: silly@ilovepizzas.com..

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.