SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.panic
Re: long rambling explanation
by Hugh [fcc SITOme]  2006-07-02 05:01:21 [16065]
I tend not to explain things. It starts as relatively accessible associative montage, like putting a radio tube of type "211" between gang graffiti and the LASD in riot gear, but like all associative montage A+B does not equal the sum of A and B, which is why I do it.

The LAPD (not the county mounties, but the LA City fuzz) used to look like most big city cops, but Dragnet gave them an image to live up to, and they look like TV cops as they beat you up. Presumably the LA Sheriff saw this as a challenge and did similar. They do look rather nice in those green uniforms, as they shoot you.

The Burroughs thing did not irritate me in the least. The reason for this became fairly clear when TCA found the Ominous Valve Works, which has a lot of this stuff, after which it became imperative to lay it on thick with the campy old tube gear. Plus it reminded me of William Burroughs and The Ticket That Exploded, with the great rap about tape recorders at the end.

I didn't see it as sparring, really, more like trading fours. I had a good time going at it with TCA. I like the Panic. It's how my right hemisphere works. The Gridcosm seems to be adversarial, but that's not how I make art.

We all hope the mayor is salveageable. Like all mayors of L.A., he thinks now he can run for governor. A lot of people worked hard to get this guy elected, and it would be too bad if he screwed up and we got stuck with another business dickwad, unless he really does become governor.

In reply to:
long rambling explanation
Replies:
Re: long rambling explana..

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.