SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
why does this happen while i am out of town??? (JIT, etc)
by Jon Van Oast [uwi SITOme] [email Jon Van Oast] 2006-07-31 16:26:06 [16533]
dammit! i am outta this week, with NO connectivity AT ALL and all this blows up. (i am outside an apple store, "borrowing" net now.)

i gotta keep this brief. so remember that -- i am rushed and emotional, and exhausted, and behind. (havent read all the posts.)

i am very sad if JIT leaves or has left. i have always like his art on gridcosm and off. if there is something i can do to quell this, let me know how?

it seems the JIT/EHO thing has no end. i dont *care* who started it, and that is why in being "fair" i dont even want to know any more about it ... i just wish it could be resolved.

i think there is a lot of misunderstanding going on. this is the problem with the nature of human language, i think. maybe it has just snowballed into this?

speaking of misunderstanding, jit, i just wanted to try to clear up what i meant by copyright and "not caring". i meant *specifically* about using images from the net *only in gridcosm*. not about the sito copyright settings. not about artists feelings about this. i meant just for gridcosm dvd. i was talking specifically about whether or not we (being sito admin putting out a dvd) should care about copyright infringement from various cultural sources. that is the only thing i was refering to. i am sorry i was unclear about that. of course it matters to me what one artist feels about how someone is using their artwork.

that is a major important point to me, because the internet can be so vague and messy with that kind of thing. its hard to walk the line -- respect some artists (e.g. sito artists) and yet somehow justify using other artists (mickey mouse?) artwork. i know where i stand, and i do not have a problem with using google to get images and manipulate them for a collage-work.

i am just sorry this all has happened. thanks to all the other folks on here too who have tried to make sense of this.

i probably will say more on this later -- when i get a real network connection. ughhh.

In reply to:
Re: Vinegar (SNY, UWI, TCA)

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.