SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.panic
Re: Ender's Game
by Thomas C Armagost [tca SITOme] [email Thomas C Armagost] 2006-08-03 06:59:44 [16558]

"probably pretty accurate. granted, one of those garage bands that is so good, but never gets signed to a major label, but in 20 years, hardcore fans are still trading long-lost tapes.

but not without the occasional drug overdose, or guitarist quitting over some kinda fight about a girl. maybe a tour that ends with a broken down band in the middle of nowhere.

i could go on with this nice analogy all day, but i will spare you my ramblings.

fwiw, i think there are also some very jazz-like moments in the bands history. channeling of charlie parker? once in a while."

Charley Parker? cparker@zark.com? Argon Zark! - The Author <www.zark.com> ;-)

Seriously, I love the movie 'Bird' directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Forest Whitaker. Have you seen it? The cast gets it done. Especially Samuel E. Wright as Dizzy Gillespie. Bird (1988) <www.imdb.com>

I've mentioned the movie 'Basquiat' before. David Bowie as Andy Warhol, Dennis Hopper as Bruno Bischofberger and Jeffrey Wright as Jean-Michel Basquiat... This is far and away Bowie's finest acting performance. He knew Warhol. He does good Warhol. Basquiat (1996) <www.imdb.com>

In the movie there's a poster for an art gallery show that's a parody of a poster for a boxing match. Bowie versus Basquiat the poster proclaims. The bout of the century.

My latest Panic contribution is closer to a tie-die teeshirt than bebop genius. My Mac mini deserves top billing, not me. I cut & pasted most of the structure and did a lot of layering in Photoshop 6, and then I did a lot of layering in Gimp 2.2, and then I did the text font and a little touch-up in Painter 9.5, and then I got the image ready for web display using Graphic Converter.

I've mentioned psychedelic vomit before. But what the heck, Warhol had a guy pissing on the floor of his studio. So I guess psychedelic vomit can be art. Good art? Probably not, but who can say?

In reply to:
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.