SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.panic
FCC
by Thomas C Armagost [tca SITOme] [email Thomas C Armagost] 2006-08-28 23:34:39 [16805]
You have probably noticed that poodle_game_ball-3-_.jpg is a dupe. That wasn't my worst mistake last week.

Spent hours Saturday working on a Panic image and got so involved creating it that I forgot to back up the image file. You can guess what happened. Corel Painter 9.5 completely hosed it... A total loss.

I don't know what went wrong. The file permissions of OS X 10.4.7 and the Seagate hard disk were not the culprits. I'd been flinging lots of pixels for many continuous hours. Maybe Painter doesn't like PSD format?

I'm planning to draw cartoons using Painter every day--in RIF or TIF format instead of PSD. Hopefully it'll be stable. I'll back up my data. Losing hours of work is a painful lesson that I've had to re-learn whenever I get complacent.

The cartoon project is way way way overdue. I'm gonna try to go Cold Turkey on Panic and Gridcosm. Starting now. I've tried before and have failed. Wish me luck. Deal me out of this game, Hugh. I'll be back in mid-November.

I guess SITO is a psychological addiction like gambling or sex or golf. However, I don't think that it's physiologically addictive like heroin or tobacco or booze.

Who knows what effect a Mac mini has on the brain?

In reply to:
TCA
Replies:
Re: FCC
Re: FCC

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.