SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.panic
Re: FCC
by Thomas C Armagost [tca SITOme] [email Thomas C Armagost] 2006-08-29 23:41:40 [16816]
I drew that in West Sussex--not far from where Sir Paul lives--although I didn't know it at the time--in 1986. I didn't intend to draw a caricature of him. It just sort of happened. Kind of like automatic writing. Similar to the technique of drawing an entire piece with just one line or swoop of the pen--or making it look that way. I didn't sketch it out with pencil before inking it. I didn't do any planning whatsoever. I just drew it.

I'm not sure whether I was under the influence of a pint of ale or a cup of tea--maybe both.

Mozart composed whole symphonies without once changing a single note. Harlan Ellison and Ray Bradbury write whole stories from beginning to end without editing them at all. Please don;t get me wrong--I'm not favorably comparing myself to Mozart or Ray Bradbury. I'm just saying that the technique is similar.

OTOH, my Gridcosm and Panic stuff is overwrought. This may help to explain why I suck at SITO. I change my mind a lot. I add new things and take out old things. I waste countless hours. Sort of like Phil Spector's Wall of Sound. Spector is the king behind the console in the recording booth. Lots of filters and multitrack overdubbing. Lots of retakes.

In reply to:
Re: FCC

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.