SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
On existentialism (TO SAZ)
by Marlos Salustiano [mrs SITOme] [email Marlos Salustiano] 2008-08-31 23:17:46 [21124]
No, my dear fellow, it doesn't implode at all: necessity (along with all of it's teleological unfoldings) were deeply analised by Sartre in his "Critique of Dialectical Reason", in wich he worked with the concept of engagement, establishing prolific dialog with marxists and neo-marxists. It's exactly in that moment of Sartre's philosophical development that what you've called "anathemas" (essence, necessity and causality among others that populated his "NAUSEA"/"Being and Nothingness" 1938 to 1943 period) were deeply dialecticized with moral and political concerns!

So, what i meant by "totally necessary" is apropriately attached to that specific period! For further clarifications on this issue, i recommend Sartre's "Existentialism is a Humanism" (available at: Existentialism is a Humanism, Jean-Paul Sarte 1946 <www.marxists.org>) and the 6 part BBC documentary available in Youtube on Sartre's life and work (YouTube - Human, All Too Human (BBC) - Jean Paul Sartre: Part 1 <br.youtube.com>).

I believe that you'll enjoy it very much!

And there's also another documentary from BBC dedicated to Heidegger wich i believe that will please you even further!:-)

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.