SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: OZ
by JER [jer SITOme]  2010-04-11 13:21:53 [22962]
"Do you think OZ explicitly got their inspiration from the Gridcosm? "

It looks like SRT confirmed it, they were inspired by some version of the Zoomquilt. . . which itself was inspired by Gridcosm.

It's funny because OED has said on more than a few occasions that his vision and preference for the Grid was the seamless blending that is seen in the Zoomquilt and now OZ.

There are very few projects on the web that I know of that combine the cosm's controlled chaos, synchronicity and surprise.

Case in point: the Dylan experience. As is always the case, who knows what collective unconscious is at work? It was only *after* I put up my pieces that I looked back and noticed the "bob" references in the previous level's gridpoem.

Some of Dylan's work is suspect, sometimes lazy, except that every so often his lyrics and music eclipse any other musical "artist" out there. He's also someone whose bootlegs are worth investigating because they are sometimes as good as or even better than the official work. Look for Blood on the Tracks alternative version. Or "Jokerman" on the Outfidels bootleg.

It's a shadowy world/skies are slippery gray/

A woman just gave birth to a prince today/and she's dressed in scarlet

In reply to:
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.