SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: That's All You Need For A Good Panel
by guest   2014-04-22 22:23:24 [35811]
a good cosm panel could be like a comic book cover. a simple scene with an exciting caption maybe.. like a big comicbook where each page is like a cover of the remaining book. Anyway I think MRM, IPD NLT and JER could really get into a kinda cover art style because their the make simple things look amazingly well done. I think when they keep things simple and focus on basic elements, alot like the comic book covers, the cosm is not only better looking but probably actually easier and funner and faster. the last 20 panels show more of this unified simplicity (best panels in years) alltho ther is still the desire to try to blend different things together rather than trying to make a complete image out of parts. What i have observed is that this cuases overcrowded or overpopulated images without enough continuity to appear singular. even in perfect blends this is a major drawback to the overall 'landscape' approach. mostly, i see the best depth in the simpler styles simlare to the recent panels. i think resisting the urge to treat each square like the focal point or center of attention is probly the main aesthetic flaw in the cosm output. I think each person trying to "the best square" can make a laboruse mess, whereas sometimes a patchwork of unambitious almost lazy but tributary cohesions creats an image i actually want to look at. i mean if we are talking about actually trying to make a colaboration tht looks unified.

What Im saying is, just looking at these cartoon covers outa reinvigerate the cosmacurrenta: (ive noticed adding space seems to works much better than adding figure...unless) look how simple yet striking they are? and look how the caption solidifies the idea of the story within! i could pic out countless panels that display this essence, but I think most of you can tell that this overall essence mirrors the ambition of many cosm attempts: and it that i see a great potential. i dont think squares need to blend intricatly. but solidly...definitivly.. anyway. just a flash in a pan i saw in the shelf. vision.

In reply to:
Re: Excellent COSM RESOURCE link?
Replies:
Re: That's All You Need F..

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.