SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Gridsync - A Convoluted Story Of Things Kinda Working Out
by Mike Casey [mkc SITOme]  2014-05-23 01:06:33 [35861]
I decided that I had some extra energy and wanted to add some chunks to the grid. It's awesome to see everyone doing their thing. So I grabbed the next grid spot that looked good and since I have a bad habit of using the last level I added as the starting point for the new level (because I use the previous file in photoshop), I grabbed 3688, which was a picture of my nephew, Jack. So I filtered him up and painted on him with no real goal in mind and was going to wait for the next level to see how it went. But then I wanted to add more, and since MRM had gotten in there on b3, I figured I'd go for a3. The existing yellow from 3688 ended up looking like a surf board (and happened to be the color of the guy that the silver surfer was blasting). His super costume looked like a wet suit, and the surfer thing seemed to work, and that vaguely inspired the text about the surfer dude. Then I wanted to add more, and c3 was the only grid left, so I blended them together and it ended up looking like photoshopped Jack was riding a surf board (made of clouds of candy). So then I finished the text about the surfer as being about how it changed him (made him more like the surfer since now he was kind of surfing, but clearly was paying a price as far as turning green, and being all jacked up on white sparkly sugar). Around the same time, I decided to get some iTunes involved, so I pressed play on shuffle, and it went to "Do It Again" by Steely Dan. I haven't really listened to Steely Dan other than on the radio, and a friend recently went on and on about how I need to listen to Steely Dan, so I figured that if it went to song 1 of the Steely Dan songs I have, then I might as well listen to some Steely Dan. Later I noticed that Steely Dan is a name appropriate for a metal person (or a dildo), and that matched Silver Surfer being on level 3953. Then I remembered wondering, when I made level 3688, why I had made his mittens green. At the time I noticed that the color of his mittens matched another color that could be seen on the level. But now his green mittens matched the green super guy's glowing fist (that he used to threaten him to get off his beach). So that's why it's teleological :)

And everybody ended up being surfers.

...gridcosm?level=3688

...gridcosm?level=3953

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.