SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Additional Convolutions
by Mike Casey [mkc SITOme]  2014-05-23 02:25:53 [35862]
Steely Dan's "Do It Again" is ironic in a few ways. First, they call the listener Jack. So you are Jack, or I was Jack at the time. And when I wrote the first part of the thing about the surfer, I was the one being told to get off his beach. But in the second part, it was the transformed Jack, who ended up being transformed by his environment. His face is green, like the green surfer dude, but he had the potential to be that all the time because he had the green mitten, which matched before it made sense. And the real truth that's being expressed here is that we are all one. So the silver surfer is the monster that he's blasting, and the green surfer dude is me and he's Jack, and you're Jack according to Steely Dan.... And Jack is transformed by everything in the environment. The green from surfer dude, his white surf board from the silver surfer. His orange shoulder from the cupcake, but also from the monster, identifying the monster's sacrifice with sweetness of the orange frosting. The sugar he is chewing on is from the cupcake.

And it turns out that when someone is surfing or skateboarding, their body position is very similar to someone that has stopped and is looking back.

And the text about Jack on level 3688 is about looking back, and the song is about going back, Jack, and doing it again.

So, maybe if I switch to random on iTunes it will go to the Tool song with the Bill Hicks fake news story about the young man on acid. (Steely Dan is ok, but it's too smooth.) So it went to a song called "Morning in the Sub-Basement of Hell" on an album called Prison. Then Johnny Cash "I Still Miss Someone" from At Folsom Prison. Then Blondie, Rapture. Then a bunch of other songs and so, yeah, that wasn't gonna happen. If the song was Prison Sex, then that would have been interesting. But it's Third Eye.

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively, there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, in which is an imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

...gridcosm?level=3953

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.