SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: How do you play Gridcosm?
by guest   2014-07-21 11:18:58 [35989]
There seem to be several goals in the playing of a gridcosm square. I think aside from the obviose initial answer to the question, which is a far to simple "blend thy neighbor" nohog ideal, the main concept is referencial and self referencial, in a manner that is both suggestive and guiding, with an underlying point mentality, not that you would count. To be specific upload times matching and referanced to previos panels and the upload order interms of the 3 and maybe 4 digit numbers they creat referencing previous panels. From what I gather, that is called 'the shell game
" altho i could be wrong. to play shellgame, you should play to complete a 3 digit code to a panel with something positive or witty to say. say you are the 4th square and you can choose a1 or c3 where b1 is 1, c1 is 2 and c2 is 3. your options are 412 or 234, or to avoid either. who knows what absurdness will occur as this pattern extends to 4 digits as panels reach levels of 1000. will playing a shellgame be impossible?!? upload times: due to the varying nature of location for different players..i think central standard has been the main reference lately as most current players seem to be in that time zone. the location of players is suggested, but may just be a reference to the timesone thet they prefer their NEWS (see news link) will be referenced. A third reference seems to be the coincideing of lyrics of popular music to multiple panel references in real time to the flashviewer, altho wether the squares are being built to song or checked to songs after their completion is indeterminable...but seems to makes some clever videos when multiple lyrical references are chained correctly. see FLYNC nad OHKOSM for OHK's contribution(s) to the cuase -------------------------------------------------------------------- I have concluded that the MOST SINGULAR FLAW in gridcosm maybe the display of the sitiod reserving. is a reserved square simple said THIS SQUARE RESERVED, and well MAYBE you could find out who by solving a riddle, this would result in a completly differnt dynamic with less contention.

the obvios problem being that a square becomes prejudged before being uploaded based on the history of the uploader.

This basic forced insecurity seems to inspires users to creat multiple sitiods in an attempt to avoid this bias. the multiple sitoid strategy also seems to be used for hogging, blocking, timing out and more provocative actions, such as instigation and retalliation.

because of this dynamic another strategy seems to be employed by many cosmers: ambiguity: there seems to be a strategy in which each uploader knows their square can be seen as direct response to the previos one(s), which can be interpretad as either positive or negative, ie approving or disapproving. conversly, the uploader will also be approvable or disapproved, therefore the strategy of ambiguity seems to be to think of action as a response, that could be interpreted as approving or disapproving,aprovable or disapprovable, based on the individuals on mentality...with following responsive being indicitive to which interpretation was likely adopted by the other players.

again i believe many aspects of this dynamic would dissolve if reservation was anonymous, and that may be a mode worth attempting to see if the result is a a cosm that feels more relaxed to play. i think that finding out who the artist is only when the piece is moe ore less final would make each artist inherently more excepting and would sortof eleminate the kinda "

oh yeah watch this
" feeling one can get from staring at what begins to feel like a competitors name for 2 hours. and think of the suprise factor? and the lack of apprehension and fear or waiting 2 hours with a sitoid? thkinking what is HE gonna do...no no no no...imagine waiting 2 hours and wondering and then OH! its so and so. thats great! hi!. of course this is just a theory and only a partial diagnosis i have not had concurred by the others.

Some multiple sitoids seem to be thematic, which i think is more interesting. if a user creates a second sitoid for doing thematic things like one alleged example, MOX, then that makes sense. artists want freedom, but art is also modal. so modal characters are neat as long as they always wear their costumes! (and art just employed to piss of the board without reprisals falling on the original sitoid. There seems to a polite usage here: some people wanna make more panels without the cosm looking like everything is them. I say fine. even if we know its just you, if your chracters are modal and you believe in them, so do we. thanx for changing things up. a little sense of mystery. and then you know if you find out one person is several characters well, maybe that just makes them a more dynamic and interesting artis. Stan Lee made lots of different heroes, each with a personality their own. Thos characters have grown to become true friends beloved by millions. evenif thet are all just different Stan Lee pipe session buzzes.

To rekap: Try to shell game with 'winning' 3 digit sequences and maybe even 4 (or combine the b2 number! can lead to some infathomable connections!)

Try to upload at a time that references a panels that seem applicable to something even if you don't know what. This guys love to check the upload time panel textiness as an affirmation of play justification.

combining these 2 strategies with matching song lyrics will creat an almost guided aspect to cosm where you can almost hear cosm asking for something and then seeing you final result accomidate multiple self referencial requests.

almost as if there is a cosmic 'right answer' that only you can figure, but will seem plain when you are done.

and a certain ambiguity combined with consistent modality breeds a form of communication that transcend the corruptability of language and you learn the sentiments of other not based on what they say but in the delicte ways they responde to your panels. some of the best panels you can't tell if the person loves your hates you till the alignment of their modal consistancy reveals more then 'self symbolizing' images.

a great justification for playing a square is pattern. try to detect patterns and see how many you can reconcile in one image. eventual you will discover cosm is almost autogenerating its own color by numbers suggestions for you to discover.you could get religios. letigios. schitzo-mentalist. sherlockian or maybe just random as hell. (just try not to make them hate you is how you play. unless you want to then thats a diffrent way. or you could try both. idk. but knowing previos cosm panels and the catelog of each artist can help. as far as textiness? I think you should just try to be funny without seeming mean or judgmental and then maybe get witty and creative or leave clues or follow patterns of alter meanings towards a positive bent and try not to give any one bad ideas that could be "

his got played because you sad that" unless maybe a good idea you get but don't count on people to see cooperative. even tho they might be.

'winning' is haveing something nice to look at that plays to a song or 20 and noone is upset with anybody. players also seem to consider their states when playing: number of levels, pieces. making shapes with time charts. referencing panels to their states. their position on rankings. any little thing, especially a number tht reveals a panel, can be part of the selfreferential patterned nature of the more considering, intrinsic type of cosmplay. sometimes you can almost hear cosm describe the square she wants you to make...

In reply to:
How do you play Gridcosm?
Replies:
Re: How do you play Gridc..

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.