SITO / Discussions / sito.id.jsc
Re: Amanda
by Jerrold S. Carton [jsc SITOme] [email Jerrold S. Carton] 2004-04-08 03:49:39 [8759]
Thank you for your comments Patrick,I am especially flattered especially since I have long admired "your" work,you draw beautifully. To answer your question; I am very careful about such things as likeness and emotional expression of the subject so I am methodical about how I work.I begin with a careful drawing and thorough monotone underpainting which some proclaim to be a finished work,long before I have hardly begun. Sounds like a tedious and time consuming process perhaps? Well,it's not at all ,in fact I do a painting such as this in two days and I do it while working with students who constantly distract me,ha,ha.Real life can be a bitch. The thing is,with a thorough underpainting I know exactly what I'm going to do with every inch of the painting and there is very seldom any correction or indecision to contend with.Therefore this Tortose can whip the Hares ass any day when it comes to putting out quantity ,quality is always the struggle. You draw better than I do Patrick,it's too bad that we can't share thoughts more easily. Thank you for noticing my work,it's very nice to hear words like yours. Sinerely, Jerrold
In reply to:
Amanda

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.