SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: TCA Rewfernence (was Re: JIT)
by Thomas C Armagost [tca SITOme] [email Thomas C Armagost] 2004-11-27 11:50:33 [10521]

"What the f does this all mean? This is so full of bullsh_t JER thanks for coming in. It all means nothing! Hygrid first of all won the award."

SNY, I like Gridcosm better than Hygrid. That said, belated congratulations to Jon and Ed on winning the award. BTW, what award? When?

"You know TCA--you never once give a look inside your creative process. What the fu_k motivates you--wait don't answer that."

Spend a little extra money and subscribe to HBO. The standup comics can actually say sh_t and fu_k on the HBO Comedy channel.

I've spent decades thinking about my creative process. I'm 47 years old. 'Digital cave painting' is the first thought that came to mind in 1994 when I started surfing the net. Since the early 1990s, I've wanted to explore lucid dreaming. It's necessary to keep a Jungian dream journal--I haven't had the patience for that--I'll go to the effort soon.

"I can deal with your hyper-topical art more so than I can your explanations. They honestly anger me. Keep up the art, ditch the verbosity, up the honesty."

Your posts anger me sometimes, too. You accused me of ''Obfuscation.'' My favorite definition of that word is ''mystification: the activity of obscuring people's understanding, leaving them baffled or bewildered.'' Could it be that my work is a parody of mystification in contemporary art? Just a thought.

Incidentally, americAN GReetings. ANGR. Anger. That was automatic writing. It was unintentional but added new meaning to the piece.

A guy named Tom Daschle was U.S. Senate Minority Leader. He lost his re-election bid earlier this month. He'll be leaving the Senate in January. So 2018 c3 is sort of topical, but it's also sort of personal, because it's about a guy named Tom leaving. I'm also a guy named Tom. I'm thinking about leaving Gridcosm.

Feel free to beg me to stay... However, I won't blame you if you maintain a dignified silence. If I leave, I won't allow myself to be poached by one of SITO's rivals--I have other plans--I've been planning a solo project for years.

BAZ wants me to give Gridcosm a chance to make a difference. Since the majority of players want to move in a new direction, I think I'll get out of their way.

Considering the jokes about aversion therapy, it seems to me that most Gridheads want TCA to quit. You're the exception, SNY.

Pardon my cynicism, but I feel I must remind BAZ that I didn't arrive on the scene until November 2000. Gridcosm had been in existence for 2 1/2 years by then. And those were prime years--1997, 1998, 1999, 2000--the zenith, the peak, the apex. 2 1/2 years is an eon in cyberspace.

However, I wish you good luck anyway.

In reply to:
Re: TCA Rewfernence (was Re: JIT)
Replies:
Re: TCA Rewfernence (was ..
Re: TCA Rewfernence (was ..

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.