SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: Flash Viewer updated
by Ed Stastny [oed SITOme] [email Ed Stastny] 2005-11-09 03:19:20 [13540]
I've just enabled a way to load local pieces files rather than those from the server. Also, you can specify which server you want to use if you're running the SWF file locally (on your own machine).

First, you need to save the 'gridcosmviewer.swf' to your computer, preferably in a folder called "GRIDCOSM". Then if you open the SWF in a browser you can some extra stuff in the location bar and get images from any server you want...

Here's how to get your images from ibiblio.org: (your machine path)/gridcosmviewer.swf?IMAGEURL=ibiblio.org/sito/synergy/gridcosm/pieces/

If you uncover another mirror site with the Gridcosm pieces, just put that address (minus the 'http://') after IMAGEURL= in the path in your browser location window.

If you have all of the Gridcosm pieces downloaded to your machine, put them in a folder called "pieces" and put that folder in a folder with the SWF file. When you open the SWF, hit "L". That should switch you over to "local files". Hitting "L" again should switch you back to your original source.

Basically, the SWF will look for a sub-directory called "pieces".

Keep in mind, this will probably change a bit over the coming days/weeks as we update the viewer. I can vouch for its validity as of 7:15pm PST, November 8, 2005.

At least it worked when I tried it.

To download the SWF to your machine... right-click the following link and "save to...": ...gridcosmviewer.swf

In reply to:
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.