SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: inspirations
by Thursday [thu SITOme]  2006-01-24 23:38:09 [14075]
I think the beauty of gridcosm is that it is both impermanent and immortal. Impermanent because anything you add will eventually be reduced to a couple of pixels in a few levels. Immortal, because all additions are preserved for exploration. The idea of two Gridcosms seems very snooty to me. Who gets to decide who the 'fine artists' are? Gallery docents in the Lourve? Or the artists themselves? The Grid is a free playground. Anyone with an internet connection and a pixel-pusher can add to it. Beyond that, all is fair game! I used to be upset by gridhoggers, but I realized that if I'm allowed to do whatever I want, they can do whatever they want. Like I said, all is fair game! Are some of my additions ugly? Yes. Take a look at my piece on the current level. That is a piece of shit. I hate that piece. Why did I do that? Because, at the time, I thought it was marvelous, or at least decent. There are other pieces I have done that I still love. And all are still there. If you want this gap to end, we have to open up an make people feel more welcome, like their contibutions matter. I took a lot of flak when I first joined, because my pieces weren't as good as everyone elses. But I have now been participating for over a year, and I have grown so much in my ability to use photoshop. Am I as good as SNY or TCA or EHO or JIT? No. But I enjoy having the oppourtunity to contribute to something larger than myself.
In reply to:
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.