SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
To The Health Of Cheap Attacks
by Mike Casey [mkc SITOme]  2000-02-10 09:14:26 [145]

Sunny and Roz,

First off, I don't see either of you making enough of an effort to take the grid in some interesting direction to make me feel like I'm wasting your time. If I'm playing too rough for you, then I'm sorry. Why so much? I enjoy it, obviously, and Ed said go ahead.

You both know my email address. Write me there if you want a real reply.

Rather than trade insults, I'll just say why the kangaroo shit since anyone giving any effort to appreciating what I do might find it interesting.

It started on 483. I wanted the Snoopy dog to be holding a sheet of water that looks like his real body, but then have his actual body lie to the side in a beefcake pose as some kind of pointless deception. But I didn't have any beefcake pictures lying around. The next day at work, I got spammed the kangaroo picture. So then I got home from work and Sunshine had done 484. I was going to make 483 into the head of a Sid Vicious looking zombie.... But Sunshine felt inspired to do what he did, so there it was. So then I mourned that I couldn't continue with Sid, and did what I did on 485, with Sid Vicious and the MCA looking Leprechaun guy I could see inside of him. I added that purple shape on the end of the purple stuff on the bottom of 484 and it kinda looked like a boxing glove, and made that flesh tone stuff on 484 look like the kangaroo arm. The green leprechaun also had me thinking about Mr. Green Jeans, which was another Kangaroo connection, which got me thinking about the "Don't tell me I got nothing to do" song. I could see a calf face in 486b2485, so I decided to put the previous gridcosm on the kangaroo as a kind of mask. Then I gave him a Dr. J fro, because Jesus was interesting at the time.

I dunno, I'm losing interest fast in defending myself. I kept working on it until it created a web of stories I found interesting. It doesn't take a genius to underappreciate that.

So, if you're wondering if I think about what I do, yes I do. Do I work hard at it? Yes. Do I always try to respect what other people are doing? Yes, unless it's just pointlessly make me quiet. Do other people show me the same level of respect? It doesn't look like it.

I thought we were playing as friends, what do you want me to say?

In any case, words are cheaper than cheap art. Especially public words. So save your sticks and stones cuz I'll be working and playing on the cosm until Ed sez give it a rest.

Easy, MKC

(PS In the future I'm probably not going to respond to this kind of crap. And the Merriam-Webster word of the day is pariah.)

In reply to:
{ MKC ] I am playing nice READ PLEASE
Replies:
Re: To The Health Of Ques..
Adaptation and the Fun-fi..

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.