SITO / Discussions / sito.id.skm
Re: sito friend and artist no longer with us...
by guest   2006-06-26 18:47:48 [15978]
AN ODE TO SYLVIA (ASK ALICE)

WHEN YOU NEEDED ADVICE, WHERE COULD YOU GO? ASK ALICE, OF COURSE.SHE WAS SURE TO KNOW.

SHE HAD SKILLS TO COPE WHICH FEW NEWCOMERS KNEW SHE WAS AN ARTIST, WITH PAINTAND WITH POETRY, TOO

SHE LIVED A LIFESTYLE MUCH DIFFERENT FROM US, I HAD NEVER KNOWN GOTHICS, BUT I KNEW I COULD TRUST

THIS LADY FROM ENGLAND WITH MULTICOLORED HAIR FOR WHEN THINGS WOULD GET ROUGH SHE WOUL D ALWAYS BE THERE.

SHE SENT ME A LETTER,THE AUTHOR , WHO KNOWS, BUT IT HELPED MANY OTHERS EXPLAIN HOW IT GOES,

FOR MANY, YOU SEE HAVEN'T A CLUE WHAT PARKINSON'S DOES TO ME AND TO YOU.

IT HELPED OTHERS TO SEE THAT OUR BODIES MAY SLOW, BUT STILL DEEP INSIDE IS THAT PERSON YOU KNOW.

SHE SHARED OF HERSELF , NOT JUST WITH YOU AND WITH ME BUT WITH PAINTING DISPLAYED FOR OTHERS TO SEE

SHE WAS BRAVE, SOMETIMES BOLD, BUT WOULD NEVER OFFEND SOMEBODY ELSE THOUGH THEIR THOUGHTS MIGHT NOT BLEND

SHE WAS NEVER ASHAMED TO BE WHO SHE WAS EVEN THOUGH SHE DRESSED DIFFERENT SHE HAD PRIDE IN HER CAUSE

BUT WHEN ALL ELSE WOULD FAIL AND SHE NEEDED RELEASE SHE'D HOP DOWN THE BUNNY HOLE AS QUICK AS YOU PLEASE

AND TAKE OTHERS WITH HER WHERE THEY'D ALL SIT AND CHAT ABOUT THE CLEVER ENCHANTMENT OF AN OLD CHESHIRE CAT

SOME THOUGHT IT WAS SILLY TO PLAY SUCH A CHILDISH GAME BUT BECAUSE OF HER DREAM WORLD THEY'RE NOT QUITE THE SAME.

AND THOUGH SHE IS GONE SHE HAS LEFT QUITE A MARK AND A NEW UNDERSTANDING OF THIS LADY OF "DARK"

Alice (Sylvia) you helped me in the early years to learn to adjust and accept things as the changes came. I will always remember you, and that multi-colored hair, and know that on the outside you seemed different, but on the inside you were as scared as the rest of us. You always signed off of chat wishing us PEACE, I pray that you have finally found it for yourself. May God bless you and keep you until we meet again. It was a pleasure to have known you and an honor to call you my friend. A soul mate in this struggle,

Susie Popp aka crabbysue

In reply to:
sito friend and artist no longer with us...

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.