SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
2 cents
by Mike Casey [mkc SITOme]  2006-07-01 12:21:25 [16052]
I'm sorry to hear that EHO and JIT aren't feeling like two happy peas in the gridpod, because IMHO they are the two most able artists that regularly contribute.

My only problem with either is that it's difficult to blend with their styles, though it's fun to try and then give up and do what I usually do (smear tool until I end up with something that I like because it looks like someting cool to me at the moment, but unfortunately probably doesn't look like anything to anyone else).

Anyway, nobody plays this game perfectly and there are many lessons that the grid still has to teach us. Some lessons are how to work with the way the images change (how they scale) as the levels progress to keep the grid from getting really ugly every few levels at the grid vomits to proceed. But the most difficult lessons are about working with others. And that's where we are fucked, because people are mostly assholes. From my experience, it's probably a waste of effort to explain to someone why they are such an asshole, because it probably comes down to an insecurity that they are trying to stay in denial about. But when someone is being an asshole to you, you have to do SOMETHING. Letting them shit on you isn't any fun. I dunno, it's a tough situation.

I'm not pretending to know JIT or EHO or the situation well enough to accuse anyone of misbehaving. From what I know of EHO, she is a loving person. But I have always respected her, so it's easy to think nice thoughts about her. JIT seems cool other than the fact that he's fighting with EHO, but I can't condemn him for that because I don't know the details, and assuming shitty things about someone without knowing them a lot better would be an asshole thing to do on my part.

I don't have the answers. Maybe this reply isn't worth the whole 2 cents..... What I do know is that a friend of mine might have died today (he stopped breathing and we're not sure if he's coming back), so I'm just wishing that people would make better use of their time with one another.

That, and I don't like it when anyone makes something intentionally ugly on the grid to protest someone else. I hope that doesn't happen anymore. The tag war is unfortunate. Try to keep it positive.

In reply to:
Re: umm ...wailing wall
Replies:
Re: 2 cents

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.