SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: baba ganoush 12:8
by Jon Van Oast [uwi SITOme] [email Jon Van Oast] 2006-08-13 10:29:48 [16671]
first off, i want to say you have some very valuable points. i wish you would uncloak yourself, for it feels like a very unfair thing to take on this conversation in public in this anonymous (one-sided) way. i might rather just discuss this in email... specifically to talk more about what i agree with that you put here.

but that is not the case. so i try to respond here. i perviously responded emotionally and you called me accurately on some points. probably (in my mind, i mean) the most important point is making the distinction between "our country" and a select group of people acting only in their own self-interests. as you said, it wasnt the germans, it was hitler. well, and the germans who chose to follow hitler, i guess; but maybe that is just semantics.

i had no idea the fact that moving something to off-topic was so volatile. a lesson is learned there. i can (and will move) the posts back -- as the rather (naively) simple reason i moved it is because i felt it was veering into a subject having little to do with gridcosm. (which i would say was true of more than just your post -- that is, includes the other anonymous 'whiny americans' stuff, etc)

as much as you resent me moving your post, i also resent the reaction to reactions like mine to say 'let me guess, you are just some p.c. liberal sobbing for terrorists', or however i should properly paraphrase what you said. even you (whoever you are) are smart enough, its obvious, to know that part of the whole problem we *all* are having here here (you, me, butthead, whoever) is that we are generalizing. i was generalizing about ''little people'', i have sympathy for people all over getting the shaft simply because of an exploiting power, but i also have a moral core that knows that violence (even in response to violence) is an endless, sickening cycle. so i dont care who bombed what first, then causing who to blow up what next, etc... i know there is a problem there and its complicated and big. and in this sense, it usually doesnt involve the common person within whatever random border. what makes me sad is it is usually these very common folks who end up in camoflage getting further blown up.

so lets just try not to generalize. i will move the posts back. and please dont try to paint it that i was *really* giving a lesson in *history* (''watered down history'') in a few hundred characters on an art web site. what i was giving is a poorly worded emotional response to the frustrations of living in a world where the powers that be have so many different agendas, not all of which are pure and morally founded. not all are not either.

some day, please lets talk about it in email. and please stop talking about some kinda professor. i also resent this condescending and patronizing tone that i am not old enough to be long, long out of university and thinking on my own. if you are going to disagree with me, please just do that. you dont need to get petty.

i am sorry if this post is fractured and doesnt read well. i feel its impossible to discuss politics in one big chunk following another like this. this is the kinda thing better done in person, which, unfortunately, is where the internet can fall down.

In reply to:
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.