SITO / Discussions / sito.id.ndl
Re: Fulla Liberation
by Jon Van Oast [uwi SITOme] [email Jon Van Oast] 2007-04-13 21:28:15 [18544]
as an "outside" observer, i have found the response to this image interesting. much in the same way i would find similar comments from, say, christians who were offended by some imagery of their religion used in a way they did not approve of.

firstly, i would like to thank w7da for actually responding with something other than a banishment to hell or other name-calling -- this is rare for this piece.

but i also find it interesting that there is an assumption this artist has a religion of their own. i would actually make a guess (just a guess) that this artist is likely atheist, and therefore ''other peoples' religions'' would include any and all religions. but i may be wrong.

further, i think the purpose of this work is to provoke reaction or thought, not to make fun of or mock -- but maybe this is simply a difference in words, not ideas.

thanks for all your thoughts, and maybe someone can let me know which sites are linking to this image and driving all this fan mail traffic. i am kinda curious.

In reply to:
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.