SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: More of the Beautifully Strange or Just Annoying
by Mike Casey [mkc SITOme]  2001-06-03 09:17:04 [1935]
"The sliding mustache on 709 is great, but where the fuck is it on 788?

The blue parts of your b1 and c1 from 787 are the mustache.

Here's a map sort of thing.

It's a lot like simply repeating, but there's something more to some of it possibly. Like one day I was at a street fair, and I turned to my friend and said "

When's someone going to walk the Dinosaur around here?
" About 10 minutes later we're walking to the other side of the thing and we pass the 80's radio station van and, yep, Walk the Dinosaur was playing. OK, so that's alright, but then I get home, and the CD with that song on it (which I bought one day because the music in the store suggested that I buy it as I was flipping through the CDs) is sitting on my desk for a lot of complicated reasons that didn't involve anything that would remind me that I had taken Was Not Was's "
What Up Dog?
" out of my CD changer days earlier.... So it wasn't clear what caused what if anything caused anything. It's easy to quibble away this particular example (especially without a lot more detail - the thing about it was that it really felt weird, so either I was tripping or the probabilities didn't work out in any easy way (and my job is based on figuring out probabilities, so I'm pretty good at it), but it's tough to argue that it should be expected that things are that way during some of the more bizarre moments of synchronicity. Like when I was at a bar with a friend about 6 months ago and he kept talking about how he wanted to design a slot machine with Family Feud as the theme. When we went to the next bar, he decided to prove to a girl that he could make me laugh, so he asked her what her favorite TV show is. "
Favorite now, or all time?" "All time." and then she hesitates and says "Family Feud?"

I almost shit on the floor laughing. "

In reply to:
Re: More of the Beautifully Strange or Just Annoying

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.