SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
flattening gridcosm
by Jon Van Oast [uwi SITOme] [email Jon Van Oast] 2008-03-19 13:39:51 [20521]
tonight when i awoke at 4am and began feeling guilty about how long it would be before i could get to the gridcosm dvd (for reals!), i had this vision of flattening gridcosm.

what i mean is, that the flythrough really shows off the "tunnel" quality of gridcosm. you can pretty easily imagine the levels projected inside a tunnel or really long cone or something. (anyone have access to a sewer system and a lot of paint/time?)

really this means you could "flatten" out this tunnel so that levels were a bit like concentric rings. or something. i think.

so i started imagining scrolling in a direction on gridcosm, say to the right, but also squeezing/shrinking as you go. so you always had a constant height. what would this look like? (and you could really pick any directions, literally any angle, not just right angles...)

well, obviously my simple shell-script math is much too linear for what we need (probably a similar geometric scaling like is needed for the animation), but this gives you an idea of what it might be like walking down the gridcosm tunnel....

http://www.sito.org/synergy/gscroll/

Replies:
Re: flattening gridcosm

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.