SITO / Discussions / sito.offtopic
Jamaica: The Other side Of Paradise
by upwardbound_ja@hotmail.com  [mail] 2000-04-05 17:27:34 [215]
I'm a deportee. I've been in JA for 1 year and 2 months and have been barely able to survive. Any family I have resides in the U.S. and are quite oblivious to my plight. Before my arrival my family pooled their resources and provided me with enough money to last approximately 3 months ($1000) and a computer, which my dear sister purchased on credit. I had a data entry course in prison and hoped to use that scant experience to try to build a future for myself. Things haven't quite gone well, as each month I am near to being tossed on the street along with my computer. A friend suggested that people may be interested in a view from ground zero into the life of a typical Jamaican or, from my perspective, that of a deportee. Attached is a letter I've drafted as a precursor to submitting articles from which I can make the public aware of the realities of a favorite Caribbean hot-spot. Please get back to me ASAP if you think your readers may be interested. Any suggestions or revisions would be greatly appreciated. Respectfully submitted, Patrick Harrison

...wwwboard.pl?sito

Replies:
Re: Jamaica: The Other si..

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.