SITO / Discussions / sito.offtopic
Re: Jamaica: The Other side Of Paradise
by guest   2001-07-01 22:25:17 [2379]
I'm responding to the gentleman who chose not to read Patrick's article. I happen to know Patrick and met him while he was in prison. While you may be seeing some negativity you are also looking at a man who migrated to the US as a young child, spent most of his life growing up in New York City, and then unfortunately got himself into trouble. He then spent the next ten years in the US prison system with very little contact or support from his family.

Even though he paid his debt to the US society he was deported to the place of his birth where he had no friends, relatives, or support group to help him make the transition not only to a life of relative freedom but also in a society with which he was completely unfamiliar.

Patrick has spent his time in Jamaica trying to obtain full time work, develop new forms of revenue, and integrate into society. His writing is another way he is working to become financially independent.

Before you condemn Patrick I would ask that you walk a mile in his shoes and look at the world through his eyes. You will find a very dynamic, intelligent, sensitive, and frightened man. Please send him your blessings rather than your criticism. Thank you.

In reply to:
Jamaica: The Other side Of Paradise

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.