SITO / Discussions / sito.id.rus
thought you might find this interesting
by musedata@aol.com  [mail] 2012-09-02 16:13:24 [27746]
...segads?idonly=RUS I studied with your father at Brooklyn College from about 1956 to 1960. After graduating I continued to paint and show. I have lived on 22nd Street since 1974 and had no idea Alfred Russell lived at the Chelsea Hotel. I am working on a website and have to write a brief biography and so googled his name and read all there was posted about him, your mother and you. When I studied at Brooklyn College, the philosophy that prevailed was, you learned what you needed - there was no life drawing, no studying of the past. It was total immersion in Abstract Art. I believe I missed out on what your father believed to be important. I have found my own voice and am painting what I believe is a very personal expression. I am glad to discover all of this most personal information about you and your family. It has given me some clarity as to how my 'art education' formed me and my style. The politics of teaching art at that time in history determined by abstract artists - it was for me a wonderful experience only now revealed. Blossom Verlinsky

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.