SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
dechiffrement
by Roz [roz SITOme]  2001-09-16 14:25:55 [3042]
Well the text printed on 884c1 refers to the Space Robots animation, in which two factions of "B" movie alien robots come to Earth, bringing their conflict with them, all the while telling we Earthlings that they're here to protect us, and inventing ridiculous cover stories telling how their powers of shoving and pushing us around might be helpful. It's an allegory and I think it's relevant to the behavior of our government in world affairs.

War is started by the rich and powerful and fought by the people they look down upon. Someone said that better.

The blame game refers to the puzzle of who struck first, not (obviously, I hope) who is responsible for the collapse of the twin towers, the bombing of the Pentagon, and the deaths of so many airline passengers. Nothing we do can undo the harm that fell upon Americans on Tuesday, but the men responsible (who killed and died for their cause) did not act out at random.

I feel that the U.S. has indirectly but irresponsibly oppressed the people of many nations. Americans burn through oil and things, throwing away more than we save. We've abandoned community in favor of convenience. Craftsmanship for efficiency. Equality among all people for equality for our people. We have forgotten our strengths of self-help and ingenuity in solving our own problems and rely on economic power and brute force to get what we want from other nations, leading to conditions of virtual slavery in some places, and environmental degradation in others.

All because we want to drive big flashy trucks and wear fashionable clothes and eat fancy food and live in video fantasy worlds and not have to wait for anything and not have to do a lick of real work (not even yard work, which used to be considered a pleasurable pastime).

In reply to:
decifering the obscure
Replies:
Re: dechiffrement
Re: dechiffrement

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.