SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Telnetless Hacking
by Mike Casey [mkc SITOme]  2002-05-13 19:50:47 [4522]

JER and NLT, thanks for the shout out. My friend asked me yesterday how the gaycosm was treating me these days and if everyone still hates me. I told him it was cool, and I wasn't sure but it's been pretty quiet.

I agree that style (when it's an option) should be sacrificed to collaboration. But there's also a drive to make the whole image do something, so that's where different styles can work together. But trying to do things in someone else's style is a big part of the fun, especially when there's overlap in techniques.

The move away from incorporating images really took root after EHO showed up, but it's also a reaction to the blockiness of the grid and the constant drive to overcomplicate the image (or at least keep it at a high level of complication).

I missed out on some really nice levels lately, but I like the texture levels (like chocolate was kick ass). So I use a lot of grids for experimenting with stuff like that - especially on an ugly level.

It's difficult to try more complicated interactions because then I get all emotionally innvolved. If I try it and someone busts out some awesome shit, then it's a big Yay! But if no effort at all is made to blend or extend it, I'm all fuckin fuck.

That's all probably pretty obvious. But that's alright. It's like international coffee time with me.

ID, MKC

In reply to:
Re: Crazy idea

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.