SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
some things not funny
by Mike Casey [mkc SITOme]  2003-01-12 17:31:36 [5930]
Hey Everybody,

I've been on vacation (in Las Vegas and then Australia) and mostly without the equipment to work on the grid. I checked in to see how it was doing a few times. I especially liked the multilevel coherent images 1315-1318.

Thanks for the positive assessment of my grid efforts, EHO. I always tried to have good intentions, throughout my gridistic possessions. Mostly just wanting it to keep growing.

TCA, you stated that

"Carl Jung collaborated with the Nazis, and he was one of the most creative scientists who ever lived."

I agree about him being one of the most creative scientists ever, but while I was in AUS I happened to pick up a few of his books and his connection with the Nazi's was discussed in one of them. What happened was that Jung accepted the presidency of the General Medical Society for Psychotherapy, which had been based in Germany and was potentially going to be forced to conform to Nazi idealogy and exclude Jews from membership. Because he was Swiss, others urged him to take the position and try to avoid this Nazification. As the Nazis gained power, they used Jung's apolitical constitution to gather in significant numbers in the Society and at some point published a Nazi manifesto in the journal without Jung's knowledge while Jung was the editor. Jung accepted that there was no excuse for this and apologized and resigned. In a famous confession, he admitted 'I Slipped Up' to a Rabbi with whom he was a long time friend, acknowledging (I believe) that he had been too tolerant of the pathological Nazi idealogy in his attempt to separate science and politics.

I went to a cricket game in Australia, the 5th game of a test match between Aus and England, and Englands cricket fans (The Barmy Army) included a group dressed as the Gumbies from Monty Python. "My brain hurts!"

MKC

In reply to:
Re: not funny
Replies:
Re: some things not funny
Re: some things not funny

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.