SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
jung
by Mike Casey [mkc SITOme]  2003-01-13 07:01:16 [5935]
I'm not enough of a historian to say with any authority what Jung's deal was with the Nazis (but as I was typing 'the Nazis' a child faking sickness on TV said 'the Nazis'). I wouldn't be surprised if his attitude was overly tolerant or if he even went down paths of thought that could be considered sympathetic to Nazi thinking, but I would be surprised if he ever considered Nazi ideology anything but tragically pathological.

There wasn't much direct discussion of Jung's professional jealousy, but he did seem to be protesting too much every time Freud came up. I only have the vaguest impression of what Jung, the man, was all about. I want to understand his science, so eventually I'll fill out my opinions of the quality of his character, but so far I think his scientific integrity was genius. I haven't gotten my mind around enough of the science to decide whether it was well done, but I've found a lot of personal connection with the subject matter and the way he carves up the space of human experience.

SNY, I don't think Jung would be mad if he made a Freudian slip. He's slipped up before, and didn't seem to have a problem with praising Freud when he agreed with the Freudian point of view.

MKC

In reply to:
Re: some things not funny
Replies:
Re: jung

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.