SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: potential piece posting limitations
by Ed Stastny [oed SITOme] [email Ed Stastny] 2003-06-06 17:49:44 [6744]
How is it censorship to limit the number of pieces per day? Is it censorship to allow only 4 hours to complete a piece? Is it censorship to only have 8 new pieces per level?

Truth is, it's not censorship at all. It's a measure to allow other people to add pieces. If you want to just make your own Gridcosm levels, do like MKC did and create "Mikecosm"... "Evacosm"... "Foocosm". I'm sure it would be beautiful, I adore your painting work. The point of Gridcosm though, is to see multiple artists at work on the same grid. An exquisite corpse in 2 dimensions.

I appreciate all of the suggestions. The essential idea is that there be a maximum number of pieces in a certain time period so that other artists have a chance to chime in. I'm not against someone having a whole level to themselves, if other artists have ample time to reserve something. We can work out the exact frequencies and overrides, but the "x number of pieces in x hours" with "x artists in between" override seems very fair to me. It promotes multiple artists, but doesn't completely hamper "strings" of pieces by a single participant.

In reply to:
Re: potential piece posting limitations

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.