SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: One rocking level
by Thomas C Armagost [tca SITOme] [email Thomas C Armagost] 2003-07-16 12:31:30 [6972]
NLT's 1548-c2 is mighty fine. It became part of TCA's 1549-b3.

A New York guide to eateries contains the following intriguing bitestop: [...]

''Not all theme restaurants are suitable for families. Have you been a bad boy? Here dominatrix waitresses serve French-American fare you can choose to eat doggie-style (from a dog bowl) in a high chair or a cage. House specialties (about $20) include spankings from the waitstaff.''

Eat or be eaten... [from Planet Proctor '99, Volume 15]

It's a computer game, it's a video, it's a CD-ROM, it's a vinyl record. Eat Or Be Eaten <www.doctechnical.com> I've wasted over three hours web-searching for the picture of a member of the Firesign Theatre (I can't remember which of the four it was) wearing OVEN MITTS. I can't find the picture anywhere.

"Stang raves about The Firesign Theater and listens with the audience for HIS first time to: THE FIRESIGN THEATER ''Eat or Be Eaten'', Side One (GGG gave me a copy of this -- one of their last albums, and one I had missed entirely. In this one, ''Player'' enters a video game world and gets lost in it. I figure that well over half of the Hour of Slack audience has never actually heard The Firesign Theater... seemed like it was time to force some. This one has GREAT computer-oriented multiple-layer recursive humor. [from Hour of Slack radio show website]"

"Firesign foreshadowed the computer revolution on many occasions. The real deal was almost in full swing when the guys made this little gem. Our hero is simply named Player. He purchases a video game that he knows is taboo, having been recalled for dangerous bugs. The game pulls him into its bizarre world, but unlike the many movies that have followed similar lines, this seems totally natural to Player, so much so that it's a seamless transition into a computer world where the bugs'll kill ya. [source unknown]"

"A commentary in the distinct Firesign manner on the recreational use of computers and technology, Eat or be Eaten is years ahead of its time. It's about a town named Labyrinth which is in danger of being devoured by the rampaging Koodzoo Vine. In order to save the town, a beautiful virgin must be sacrificed to the plant. [source unknown]"

"In 1985 The Firesign Theatre was approached by Phillips to write two demonstration games for their new CD Interactive machines. Eat Or Be Eaten, was recorded as a 99 track demo and the accompanying graphics made but the actual finished project was never published commercially. Danger In Dreamland, a Nick Danger Hollywood studio back-lot murder mystery game, was written but not recorded. Eat Or Be Eaten (1985) was salvaged and released as the first CD with subcode graphics, and the game paths strung together to form a story with some commercial parodies, on Mercury Records. The commercials were excised and put out for radio airplay in both a 7'' and 12'' version called Bites From Eat Or Be Eaten. The theme was further developed into a highly successful 30 minute Cinemax special, also called Eat Or Be Eaten (1985), that too, has been released on video (1986). [from Firezine]"

I want to see those graphics from the CD Interactive game that never got finished. Firesign has had some weirdly cool artists work for them over the years.

In reply to:
One rocking level

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.