SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: All Is Carl
by Thomas C Armagost [tca SITOme] [email Thomas C Armagost] 2003-09-07 01:58:09 [7320]

Speaking of synchronicity... Just a few seconds ago I noticed that the progression from levels 802-818 (which contains the example of multilevel blendiness that I discussed previously) began with a SNY gridhog level. ...gridcosm?level=802

In fact, TCA's level 803 poem entry is ''MKC vindicated?'' TCA's 804-a3 is ''EGG YOKO'', in which I layered MKC's 804-c3 cartoon onto Yoko Ono's face. 804-b3 is my notorious digital caricature of DGT as a denizen of the deep. ...gridcosm?level=804 MKC, were you making fun of my faulty depth perception when you said ''I'm square'' in 804-c3?

The progression from 802 to 818 is in three phases. I've already discussed 802-811. From 812-815 I stopped posting squares. The style changes completely right after my departure. It becomes lush and flows. ...gridcosm?level=813 ...gridcosm?level=814

I wasn't planning to return so soon, but EHO's goofy and sarcastic reference to TCA in 815-a1 (and in the 815 poem) brought me back. EHO asked for it, you might say. ;-)

''ESOTERIC'' in TCA's 817-c3 is a direct attack on critics and control freaks. Franklin Pangborn played the head of Esoteric Studios in a W.C. Fields movie titled ''Never Give a Sucker an Even Break.'' In the film, Fields pitches a script at Esoteric Studios that Pangborn just hates. Shots of Fields speechlessly reacting to Pangborn's tirades are classic. ...gridcosm?level=818

No, I didn't expect you to ''glean the obviously deep meaning of my obscurely obvious references.'' I must admit, ''ESOTERIC'' is a pretty damn obscure reference!
In reply to:
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.