SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: the real problem.
by Mike Casey [mkc SITOme]  2000-11-19 01:35:36 [828]
Hey Kiyotei,

My problem with that analogy is that I'm not excluding anyone. I usually only reserve grids in the middle of the night, when there's nobody around. Almost all of the time, I'm not directly in the way.... There are plenty of Leggos.

If I do a lot for a while, I back off for while. I say - do you want to play with these now? - and I get - not that they have your germs all over them..., you ruined em.

If I'm abstractly in the way, then I apologize - really. It's never been my intention to monopolize the grid. I don't get upset if someone else wants to do a lot.... It's cool for me when someone else does. I'll go for a few weeks only doing a couple of grids. Then do a couple of levels one night and then the next day someone's complaining that I've ruined everything - that the gridcosm is unusable because of me. I look at it, and think of a bunch of stuff I'd like to do and don't understand why anyone would rather get upset than add something to the grid.

I totally agree that it would be a shame for ROZ to not participate. She does a lot of beautiful stuff when she's not upset. That's the main reason I'm volunteering to do no panels - I don't want to be the reason she doesn't add cool stuff. I thought I was trying hard to respect her style and play extra nice whenever she was around: If you look at her last 5 (583,577,570,567,559) I don't see how anyone could say that I've been trying to discourage her....

Thanks, Mike

In reply to:
the real problem.

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.