SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: evolution
by Mike Casey [mkc SITOme]  2000-11-19 10:17:39 [834]

Hey Ed,

I think the problem is that I underestimated the alienation that monopolized levels can lead to. I felt that alienation when I first started on the gridcosm (long before I got in the habit of doing whole levels myself). That's a criticism I can understand and appreciate. (Though I really like a lot of full levels that other people have done.)

Like I've said before, my vote is for more rules. I want nothing more than to "play nice" but my definition of that doesn't work here. And working along happily thinking that everything is fine and then suddenly being called abusive, etc. also doesn't work that well for me. And, unfortunately, I like adding to the grid, whether I'm playing off my stuff or someone else's. It's all interesting to me. So that makes it difficult for me to stop myself.

I'm self-imposing the moratorium not out of spite, but to give it time to breathe. I'm not going away mad (because that sucks), I'm just going to watch for a while.

Have fun in Paris. It's a great city. I've never been there longer than a week, so for me it was mostly running from museum to museum....

Thanks, Mike

In reply to:
evolution

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.