SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Golly!
by Uncle Aussie [aus SITOme] [email Uncle Aussie] 2000-11-24 08:27:05 [873]
I go 'way for a while and y'all have had a whole war and I missed it! Jumpin' Jesus! Whatever peaceable person compared it to the presidential slugfest in Florida (ah, 'twas JER) - hey, I'm enjoyin' that, too. Somebody give me a jingle when the shit starts flying, willya? I do have a plea to make on the topic of RULES - you know I'm a good card-carrying anarchist and rules is for fools. Mikey, if you say "give me rules", you have a problem, brothah. That's such a male thing, to insist on being a naughty boy if somebody doesn't force you to act right - or a left-brained thing, if you're such a literal person you don't have a clue what constitutes appropriate behavior without somebody writing a damn codex over it. The ONLY thing that's really painful about the single-artist levels (and yeah, I've done a couple few) is that you can do that at home on your own website. And promote your own audience, if you're good enough - rather than present it in a website that people visit to see and do collaborative artwork. It's not a matter of server space so much as a matter of expectations - when I go to hear a jam session, I don't expect to hear some soloist blowing his horn all alone for one set after another. The sniping about artistic content is way off base - nobody ever bitched at any of us about lack of talent, there's no standard to meet and all welcome, or I'd have been booted long ago. I know the temptation to do square after square - when you sit down to your graphics program and get to work it seems sad to stop after a square or two - maybe there should be 6 chessboards going at once with different games. Now that would be fun!
Replies:
Re: Golly!

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.