SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: Golly!
by Uncle Aussie [aus SITOme] [email Uncle Aussie] 2000-11-25 19:03:50 [883]
Okay, here's a story on what a megalomaniac I am, and if you ask Ian, he can confirm it - at one time I was contemplating a massive effort to knit all the loose ends of Hygrid together and thus "finish" the project. At the time, I think it might have even been physically possible, because it was a lot smaller. Frankly, I was nuts, and I did WAY too many squares.

Believe me, I do know the urge to just do the next square or so in order to keep the next person from coming along and screwing up my prettiness. But in the end, it's about letting go. Taking a square next to your own is contrary to the spirit of the grid and bad form - I've done it, you've done it, we've all done it, but let us not fool ourselves. The initials square betrays the truth: the miracle of collaboration has not occurred here. How many times have I looked at some smoothie harmonious level and thought,

"Damn! They were really grooving together on this one!"
only to glance down and see MKC MKC MKC? That don't mean I don't like MKC - but you can see that it's still a disappointment, and it's a disappointment that's happened a lot.
In reply to:
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.