SITO / Discussions / sito.id.jmy
Re: The Genesis of Violence
by Jenna Mack [jmy SITOme] [email Jenna Mack] 2001-08-09 12:40:34 [2694]
Thank you EHO for your comment,and I love your painting by the way. I'm in a big hurry this morning but I wanted to answer your questions briefly before I run out the door. You asked if it is true that most American men are circumcised: The answer to that is yes,the vast majority are. Amazingly,even female circumcision and infibulation are "legal" here with no laws preventing this form of assault on children.Because of religious and cultural hypersensetivities it isn't even viewed as the child assault/abuse that it clearly is. This is what the work I have posted is all about. I see genital mutillation as a single entity,involving both males and females. Females are far more difficult to depict visually however because of the anatomy factor. You asked also if I am female; Certainly I am. One of the great weaknesses of the male gender is their reluctance/fear in facing and talking about their own vulnerabilities and violations.I tend to think that they fancy themselves above that somehow.(smirk)
In reply to:
The Genesis of Violence
Replies:
Re: The Genesis of Violen..

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.