SITO / Discussions / sito.pdx
Gridcosm fly-through shown at NCC in portland
by Jon Van Oast [uwi SITOme] [email Jon Van Oast] 2004-07-08 22:37:53 [9580]

just a note to hardcore gridcosm fans that 'gridcosm 1000-0', the animated fly-through of the first thousand levels of gridcosm is playing on this flat-screen public display in the Natural Capital Center building in portland oregon u.s.

someone who works there saw a screening we did of the fly-through and was really into it, so he arranged the showings. here is his report on the lobby with the display:

"Wahoo! I put on Gridcosm this morning. It's super rad. As I write this there are six kids and three adults eating their lunch watching Gridcosm. I wish I had my camera. The kids, about 8 years old, were mesmerized and the boys were stoked they saw a naked person. Hahaha! ... Thanks again. Gridcosm is ruling the Natural Capital Center!"

now *that* is art put to good use! i have no idea how often or for how long it will play, but if you are in portland, you could check it out. the building and its occupants are a pretty cool setup as well, so its a nice match, i think.

Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center <ecotrust.org>

*update*: they just emailed back. gridcosm will be playing for two weeks, which i guess is twice as long as most things stay in rotation. cool!

Cross-posted: sito.synergy.gridcosm

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.