SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: NO FLOW
by Thomas C Armagost [tca SITOme] [email Thomas C Armagost] 2001-03-02 10:16:41 [1372]
"Has anyone here ever laid out a piece of paper to jam with artists you may have just met?"

I wish I could buy you a cup of Joe. Or a pint of ale, or a glass of Chard. Speaking for myself, Gridcosm's better than a sheet of shared paper. I'm happy with a Wacom digital pen and tablet. That's why I got "all gooey" with Von Oast. Because I respect his commitment to this worthwhile project.

"Ever feel that sense of INSTINCTUAL territory? An instinct that is essentially foolish, when seemingly all have agreed to play nice?"

Turf. This type of conflict happens every time. Everywhere I've ever been in cyberspace... BBSs, AOL, Usenet, Electric Minds, Cafe Utne, The WELL.... People always get into these endless pile-on flamewars over petty office politics. For example, there's a guy at The WELL who insists on calling Howard Rheingold "Harold." Just to piss Rheingold off. This has been going on there for years.

"Gridcosm is like that - but without the wonderful vibe - the feeling out process."

The vibe seems okay to me. Lots of laughter. That's good. The Grid will improve while I'm away, I predict.

"Just words."

And pictures. Each square is worth a thousand words.

In reply to:
Re: NO FLOW

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.