SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: old discussions
by MARK SUNSHINE [sny SITOme] [email MARK SUNSHINE] 2002-03-10 16:46:41 [3977]
You know I think it all boils down to one or two issues.

1. Freedom 2. Tact

One can certainly be very punk about it. Let's say Gridcosm was a dinner and all the participaints hang out, and at the end of the evening one decides, for their own non-conformist expression, to engage in something one might see in a Japanese scat video. Well, one can argue it is a right, a freedom. Wil others appreciate it, who knows!

Appropriate is a dangerous word...but I think certain times, looking at a grid and gauging the activity of it over a few evolving levels, conditions one temporarily with a certain sense of the appropriate.

I think the " I don't wanna play " square was inappropriate for the time, or really threw off the collective appreciation of the group which was IN TUNE with a certain, shall we say consciousness: those interesting bluish rings that formed an area that might be perceived as an outdoor ( yet indoor ) theater(designed by someone who perhaps was influenced by the architecture of the central village compound in the original Planet of the Apes series of films) combined with those weird little people, was "groove material."

Groove material only lasts a few levels, maybe 3 by natural continuation unless someone is consciously extending their theme.

The most eloquent and thoughtful exhibition of extending a concept, extending an individual expression, which was linked to the grid certainly yet was fueled by a SOLE desire independent of the others, I thought was achieved by AAG with her consistent reservation of b3 over a series of levels which started here ...gridcosm?level=399 and ended here ...gridcosm?level=404

Still, look at all the fuzz/fuss! This 1026 a3 is now along with the group of classic panels that disrupted, harkening back to say the days of MMM or VVV or Michael Mayer....whoever those forces were.

In addition, the idon't wannna on that striking beige field, that alone was just, well i know it kicked me in the color palette.

OK, I have to get going, get some coffee.

SUN

Oh in extraddition, sometimes I think of how delicate we have to be even in our anger, for if no one participates, we all have nothing!

Ben -- nice fuck off graphic for your id -- was that always the ID graphi or did you make it up special!

In reply to:
old discussions
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.