SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: ??? EHO level 1116 c1 c3
by Thomas C Armagost [tca SITOme] [email Thomas C Armagost] 2002-05-29 02:00:08 [4643]
Maybe I'll try some tame efforts at blendiness. I'm planning to play with Photoshop 6 in the weeks ahead. However, attempts at innovation by yours truly are at an end. Gridcosm is drifting towards homogeneity. This is a trend that I'm against, but I'll leave it to someone else to actively oppose this trend. I'm burned out.

"Total disregard for the rest of the grid. You did manage to keep some of the same color. Obviously you missed the Seasame Street episode about one of these things. Your c2 is a composition killer. Thanks"

You're welcome. And thank you, NLT. See? I'm not always rude.

SITO has arrived at rough consensus. NLT, SNY, EHO, BAZ, probably OED, and probably most of the others think that I suck. EHO, for all your protestations, technique does count. Maybe I'm not sufficiently talented or accomplished to continue here. As I said previously, I'll try blendiness a few times just to see if I can do it consistently. Beyond that, I'll probably fade away.

You seem to have taken on the fanaticism of the converted, EHO. This is ironic because you're one of the few Gridders who has been as consistently unblendy as TCA for a significant period of time. (How soon they forget.) Let's take a trip down memory lane. Who can forget the immortal level 731-a1, for instance? ...gridcosm?level=731 And 733-b3. ...gridcosm?level=733 And 734-a2, and c3. ...gridcosm?level=734 Manytimes you were seemingly oblivious of the squares around you during your alter-ego phase. It was cinematic parody, sophisticated satire, a new form of performance art, and NOT a mindfuck, right?

However, you also did your funniest stuff back then. At your best moments you had no peer on the Grid, back in the days before you abandoned the use of photographic imagery. I'll always be grateful for your thoughtful creation of images such those that I've included in this communique. Blendy so many different ways. You did the impossible--blending with TCA's 720-a2 was mission impossible. ...gridcosm?level=720

Oscar the Easter Bunny. You are also a talented cartoonist and illustrator, of course. God knows Gridcosm needs more women. But I miss seeing what you can do with digital photographs modified in Photoshop. The tumultuous anarchy, the harmonious discord of level 740 will remain my favorite collaboration with you. Hail Eris! ...gridcosm?level=740

Regarding level 1096. ...gridcosm?level=1096 First SNY posted b1, then I posted a1, then SNY posted a2. a1 and b1 are collage. They are essentially fragments from two "borrowed" images that have been grafted onto the Grid whole--with little or no modification. I like the perspective of Max Headroom seen in context with the b1 landscape. The landscape becomes a background. I also like the composition of those two squares together. And SNY did a good job on a2, I agree.

In reply to:
Re: ??? EHO level 1116 c1 c3
Replies:
history, collage, collab
Opposition of the status ..

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.